Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oregon Du Drops, AMAZING

These have to be the most wonderous things I saw on our trip south on highway 101.  We had sped through Rockaway Beach (really fast because Sweetie was likely terrified I would want to stop and there were so many places I would  just have to visit) but I caught a glimpse of them out of the corner of my eye.  What WAS that ???



Well on the way home, sweetie wasn't so lucky was he. 
STOP THE CAR  I yelled when I realized where we were.  I wasn't going to miss this again!!!     And there in front of us hanging everywhere were the most amazing glass balls, crystal clear, sparkling in the sun.  I had no idea what they were made of ~  I just knew I wanted one.
As I salivated over all of them ( I couldn't take them all home could I?)  Cat, the wife of the artist who created them told me the story of how they came to be.  I will leave it up to you to find out....
What I can't believe is I didn't take ONE picture of them en mass.  This photo is from their web site. I was so gobsmacked as they say in England it didn't occur to me until we were quite a ways down the road. 
My very own Oregon Du Drop will be hanging from it's turquoise ribbon where I can see it every day.   And smile.


No comments: