Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Snow!

Our first snow happened on November 19.  It didn't last long, it never does this early, and I think that's one of the reasons I love the first snow of the season!   It's so nice to still have some leaves on the trees so we can enjoy the oranges and greens peaking out.  

 The arbutus tree really shows off it's lobed leaves with a dusting of snow.
 This plant with the "finger" type leaves is a Choisya, or Mexican mock orange, native to Mexico and the American southwest.  I bet it's wondering what the heck!!!
 As always, one on my favorite views is round the bend of the driveway, when the snow is fresh and unbroken.  Once we drive up and down a few times it loses it's appeal!


Snow makes whiteness where it falls,
The bushes look like popcorn balls.
The places where I always play,
Look like somewhere else today
~Mary Louise Allen


No comments: