Saturday, December 4, 2010

Serendipity


I'm adding Serendipity to my blog description.   It's so fitting. If I'm searching for something special to jump out at me for a photo opportunity, it never really happens.  Then I open the front door and there is the tiniest little tree frog stuck like glue!  It was dark outside so the photo was extremely under lit, but look what happened when playing with Picaso.  It looks like the most amazing pencil sketch.

Serendipity is a propensity for making fortunate discoveries while looking for something unrelated. The word has been voted as one of the ten English words that were  hardest to translate in June 2004 by a British translation company. However, due to its sociological use, the word has been imported into many other languages.



When was the last time you really looked at clouds?  Remember when you were a child... it was so great to spend an afternoon just laying on the grass looking up, your imagination set free.  I see the profile of a Roman God... what do you see?


Spiders so totally creep me out that I won't crop this guy any closer :)  I didn't notice him at first, I just liked the blurry edges of the grey/blue background against the color of the maple tree.  That's some set of legs he's got there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great post! I just love that word "Serendipity". It sounds like such a fun word to me..
Your photo of your frog is great!

~Linda