Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Fabulous Filberg Festival

Welcome to the lovely town of Comox, BC; home of an Arts and Crafts festival that showcases Artisans both local and from afar.   The Filberg Festival, named for the Filberg Lodge and Park that hosts the event every year is a veritible feast for the eyes, the ears and the stomach.  Great music, good food and amazing Art fill the grounds for three full days each year.  Its well worth the price of admission.
 
Just outside the main gates you will find a petting zoo for children of all ages.  Sweetie was enthralled by the goats and the little piggy who chased all the other animals away from the fence so he could have all the goodies from the crowd.
Once inside, the Artistry in all forms, is amazing. This booth with glass and metal bugs was dazzling. I wanted to take home one of each...
The Artists huts are showcased beautifully in the shade of mature trees, surrounded by gorgeous gardens and heritage buildings.
The Art is truly candy for the eyes.  I just wished I had picked up cards for all the booths that I have taken the liberty of posting photos of.  I was very drawn to this booth in particular, see more here:  Tanya Doskova 
These lovely fellows were made by an industrious Artist and recycler from  Pleasant Street Studios.  Sweetie and I have a couple pieces of his garden Art that we purchased through a Co-Op gallery in Coombs, BC,aka home of the famous Old Country Market with goats on the roof!
More delicious metal Art.
Another view of the grounds, just as the fair opened on Sunday morning.
Isn't this unique?  From Shelly's TerraCotta Pottery.  Last year at the festival I found the BEST Christmas present ever for my Dad.  Shelly creates mason bee houses from terracotta pottery, fired to withstand the mosts rigorous winters...  Dad's little house will never see the outside though, he can't bear the thought.  If you are wondering what mason bees are check it out: Mason Bees

This year I got a gorgeous slipper planter..for myself... it is so cute!   I will post a photo later.

1 comment:

Gladys Love said...

Sorry to have missed it this year!