Thursday, July 22, 2010

Whining, not really attractive

Tom Wolfe said "One belongs to New York instantly.  One belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.
Gladys is going to New York without me.  My own fault really.  I just couldn't justify the air fare for 2 days in the city.  When you live on the west coast it takes a day to get to the east coast and a day back. So, I told myself that with only 4 days off to make the trip (work, sigh...) it just wasn't the right time.  But really, when is it the right time?  So here I am reliving the moments that made our trip in May 2009  so very special.  
Our wonderful day walking the Brooklyn bridge, around the park and back. 
The architecture is just so amazing.
All countries present and accounted for!
Our first site of Times Square. I will never forget.

I imagine she will have an amazing time, bringing back great souvenirs (like the coffee mugs we didn't manage to bring back last time) and fantastic photos to add to the hundreds we have. I on the other hand will be attending the Filberg Festival in Comox, BC.  Sure it will be fun... but it's not New York, nothing is.


No comments: