Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Plants I LOVE



This lovely little Epimedium is one of my favorite plants.  It's quite unassuming as it happily spreads (not in an obnoxious way) its wings. With it's heart shaped leaves and colorful foliage, it's a must have for anyone who loves to garden. 


A couple of weeks ago when Sweetie and I were in Victoria I picked up a new lavender.  Apparently I am becoming a collector.  I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 different types.  This latest addition is called anouk.  It has a gorgeous butterfly flower with an unusual prostrate sprawling growth habit.  It's a keeper!


Several years ago my sister had to remove a rather large white lilac plant.  I was the lucky recipient as she didn't have a spot for it.  It has flourished and I love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

posted to thank you for hmingbird and Epimaduma
plant..can't seem to figure out how to send..trying again here...