Friday, September 18, 2009

Serendipity


The other day I mentioned to my friend Gladys that while I am still blogging away, I really have no idea what I am doing! She recommended I pick up a copy of Artful Blogging by Sommerset Studio.    Artful Blogging
 I know without question this is what I am after as she is undoubtedly the Queen of Books and magazines (her collection is so extensive she has been known to purchase the same book twice) and she is an author herself ~ her book Embellishing with Anything is a wonderful source of fibre art techniques and ideas. Embellishing with Anything by Gladys Love.

  Be sure to check out the reviews!

So off I go to LeaPenhi Paper Designs, a local source of all things to do with paper.   I locate the book almost immediately and am drawn to another Somerset book simply called journaling. journaling by Somerset Studio.   Both of these as well as a new brayer are coming home with me tonight!   All the way home my mind was racing... which book will I read first?












As it turns out, the journaling magazine kept me up until the wee hours of the night.   I was so excited to read it I had to forgo the movie that sweetie had lined up for us (just too tired) maybe tomorrow night....  This explains why I have been collecting all the pens, scraps of paper and odds and sods of paints, and pictures of words and collections of graffiti art...

Here are a few of the pictures I’ve been hording without knowing why. I am so glad I now know what to do with them!

Thank you so much Gladys! And I really will get to the Artful Blogging soon!  I have to add, that to me these are books not magazines.  The content is truly remarkable.


Inspiration at Starbucks!

No comments: