Saturday, September 12, 2009

A walk to the beach

Every Saturday I like to walk to the beach.  From my favorite slice of sand it's a beautiful view of the Straight of Georgia to the mainland (as we islanders like to call it).  I think my beach is directly across from Lund.  Anyway, today I took my camera with me and wouldn't you know, by the time I reached the beach I had taken quite a few pictures, yes, shocking I know,  and my battery was dying.  Along the way I spied  a plant that most people consider a noxious weed.  After taking the picture I wondered what is it that makes one plant desirable and another repugnant? I think in the right circumstances I could come to love a patch of horsetail.  How about you?
 
 Today was jellyfish day at the beach.  They were everywhere.  This lucky fellow made it back into the water before the tide went out.  There were so many more that didn't, you wonder how they don't become exinct!                                                                                                                                                                               
My route takes me from the beach along to the mouth of the river.  Upstream is a wonderful run off channel with the most amazing moss covered rocks, downed trees and back eddys that are just ripples of color.   


I love the bubbles that surrounded this piece of seaweed. If you click on the picture to enlarge it you will see what I mean.

No comments: