Sunday, October 18, 2009

Art in ditches and on logs?

On one of my Saturday walks I saw the most bizarre pile of smashed glass in the ditch. I wondered what the heck happened here. What kind of commentary is this that a toxic mess can be turned into art?




It made me think of the swarm of garbage that is swirling around out there in our very own Pacific Ocean. Come on people, let’s get it together. Where do you think the crap that you throw out of your car window or the stuff that blows out of the back of your truck goes? I hate litter.  If you are interested check this out!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch


I would far rather see Art in natural objects. Take this rock for instance; there it was sitting prettily on a log. I could swear it was the face of a native ancestor staring up at me.


And just as I was nearing the end of my walk I spied my favourite flower ... the African daisy. Isn’t it a beauty?

No comments: