Monday, November 2, 2009

Altered Books... to Poems

You just never know what you are going to find when you google.  I was looking for an addition to my Reflecting on Reflections posting, a poem, a song... something.   Anyway, this is where I was led.  I think they call this a happy accident.  Full credit to Karen who's site this is from.  I have included a link to her website. So... here is my attempt at this process.  I've chosen a novel that I was going to alter as the genre just isn't my cup of tea ...  Richard Bachman, aka, Stephen King.   I am sorry if you are offended.

It's a little dark but you must consider what I had to work with.  The poem turned out much better than the altered book, I will have to work on this a bit more.   I am going to try this with one of my favorite books, The Prince of Tides, for poem material only, no altering that one!



down from the turret
the ruins of
a woman with
cruel, beautful features
pale as a
vampire
black and silver
not really there at all
reality was the
utterly blank
illusion
I can see it
insubstantial but still threatening
 voice is the only truth
pulled toward it
through the black
but for the moment
ceased to exist

No comments: