Sunday, November 8, 2009

she plays with scissors, and stamps, and pens, and glitter


Today I managed to create total havoc on my kitchen island.   I thought I would take all my new Christmas Art papers and the new snowflake punch out for a test drive! Well, I made quite a mess and after two hours I only had three cards finished and I had used a total of four pieces of my beautiful Art paper.  I guess I have enough for the next 1000 Christmas's.







This is one of my favorites, you can't really tell from the photo but the tree is sitting out from the card stock and casts a little shadow :) and the little light bulbs are covered with diamond glaze so they are super shiny.  I think this is a case of less is more.




I was quite happy with all of them but I think my left brain was in the drivers’ seat. In about hour 2.5 the right brain finally kicked in and I stopped thinking about balance and layout and spatial planning and let creativity dictate. Oddly enough, the results are much more balanced & organized looking! What is that about?










I think these are lovely in their simplicity.  The paper is by British designer Kate Knight.  I think it is called A TOUCH OF PINK.  I picked it up yesterday in Winners, a great place to get scrapbooking supplies at great prices when they have them.    I'm not into mass producing cards but I cut these two papers at the same time to get the fold back just right, so though, what the heck... might as well make mirror images! I added the stitching detail around the edges and on the centers of the daisy's to give the paper more definition.  (truthfully these cards are an ode to Gladys she LOVES black and when I saw the paper I thought of her instantly).    I really love the PEACE and JOY stamps.... these cards could almost be for any occasion.

So all in all it was a successful day. 12 Christmas cards and 4 bookmarks, and yes, still a giant mess in my kitchen. Thank goodness I don’t have to work tomorrow; I can keep on going!

No comments: