Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quietfire and Wizards

Yesterday Gladys and I gave each other our Christmas present ~ we got ourselves a Spellbinders Wizard to share.  I currently have custody of it because Gladys has some projects that she has to finish for Christmas.  I on the other hand have nothing but time to take this puppy out for a test drive.  That's not entirely true, there are a million things I should be doing...    So I've cut and embossed and cuttlebugged and so many more things... once again I have no idea what I am doing but am having a great time anyway. 

This all started with an innocent enough visit to see Suzanne at Quietfire Designs yesterday afternoon.   We were looking for some sentiment stamps specifically for Christmas cards and she has some of the most beautiful ones I've seen.  Check out her website (and Blog)  http://www.quietfiredesign.com/

So we were wandering around her remarkable space, full to the brim of every Art supply known to woman (and many I have never heard of) and one thing led to another and before you know it we were cutting and embossing with her Wizard.  The coolest stuff!  http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/

So today this is what I have done.  Note,  not one card was assembled in the makings of this day!

I cut the star and forgot to emboss it before I removed it from the star "nestability" so I decided to emboss it with the poinsettia Dreamweaver stencil.  It's very pretty :-)

Here's another Dreamweaver stencil that Gladys already owned.  Yes, we do love trees.

I messed up the cutting on the vellum stars but it was a happy accident because they fold out 3D so nicely!  And yes, that is black paper... destined for a Christmas card.  I have been hanging out with Gladys a long time now!

I don't know what I will do with this one but its the left over ink from tree stencil that I brayered onto a piece of scrap paper.   Maybe it should go in a journal page, that is, if I ever start one.

These are some of the stamps Suzanne made, her caligraphy is brilliant.




I did decide to "muck" with my oh so simple cards after all.  They just needed a little bling.  So I added some stitches and dots with a jelly roll pen called clear star.  It really did perk these up.  Suzanne had the perfect stamp for these cards.  I think that "All hearts come home for Christmas" really does belong inside a card  for Peace.



This little lantern I made following directions in a book Gladys got from her book club.  It has an LED tea light in it so it's very safe, and quite cute I think. I'm toying with the idea of making some miniature ones for my Christmas tree.

No comments: