Saturday, November 14, 2009

Choices! so many Choices

It's yet another wet cold November day.  So here I sit, lazy again, sorting through digital pictures that somehow I saved to my laptop hard drive instead of the sainted Cool Max.  Of course the inevitable happens and I get lured into the photos and just have to tweek a little bit. This is why my picture sorting will never ever be finished.
I've been playing with the filtered black and white option in Picasa and have really enjoyed the results. It's a very different result from the regular black and white.  Here's an example of what I mean.

Here is the original picture - just cropped with no other manipulations

And after the black and white option


Here the picture is filtered black and white (blue) - notice how the trees are so much more defined.

Here the picture is filtered black and white (red) - this option makes everything look quite frosty.

What a difference these choices make.  I will definitely have to explore this some more.

The other thing that fascinated me was the fact that by cropping a picture you can almost make it unrecognizable. I love this close up of tree bark, it made me think of marbled speckled paper. I wonder if you would know what it was if you couldn’t see the tree trunk?



 I will finish with this... if you look hard enough can you see faces in anything?  It seems I see faces in rocks A LOT.  Some people stare up at the clouds and while I have done this I far rather look into the crags and crevices of rocks to find some sign of human kind. 

No comments: